a vida depois da vida / eco em museu / canção-vitória / letra empoada / melhor que nada / é memória

quinta-feira, 26 de julho de 2007

April 24

Did you know that Evian spelled backwards is naive?
I myself was unaware of this fact until last Tuesday night
when John Ashbery, Marc Cohen, and Eugene Richie
gave a poetry reading and I introduced them
to an audience that already knew them,
and there were bottles of Evian at the table.
As air to the lungs of a drowning man was
a glass of this water to my dry lips. I recommend it
to you, a lover of palindromes, who will also
be glad to learn that JA read us three "chapters"
of his new poem, "Girls on the Run," a twelve-
part saga inspired by girls' adventure stories, with
characters named Dimples and Tidbit plus Talkative and
Hopeful on loan from "Pilgrim's Progress."
As Frank O'Hara would have said, "it's the nuts."
The poets' books were on sale and afterwards
two of the poets signed theirs happily and the third
did so willingly and Joe took photos and I smiled
for the camera, shaking hands with people
I knew or didn't know and thinking how
blessed was the state of naiveté
my naive belief in the glory of the word.
David Lehman, The Daily Mirror, 2000.

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Oi! Tudo Bem?
Estou à tua espera... Amanhã?

Capa-mãos-livres!

Cláudia [ACV] disse...

Cá vou, caríssima :)